Hours & Admission
The Brenton Arboretum is open daily 9am to 8:45pm.
The Brenton Arboretum is free for humans and $5 per dog per visit. Members’ dogs have free admission.
Location & Directions
From the western suburbs, take Hickman Rd (Hwy 6) west through Waukee. Turn north towards Dallas Center onto R Ave (R16). Turn left onto 260th St. The Arboretum entrance is 1.5 miles ahead on the right.
From the Des Moines metro, take I-80 west out of town. Take Exit 113 north towards Dallas Center. At Hwy 6 (Hickman Rd) turn left and then take an immediate right to stay on R16 (R Ave). Turn left onto 260th St. The Arboretum entrance is 1.5 miles ahead on the right.
- Dogs are welcome at The Brenton Arboretum.
- Well behaved dogs may be off leash, but must remain under voice control at all times.
- Members’ dogs enjoy free admission, non-members’ dogs are $5 per dog per visit. To purchase dog passes, click the link below.
- Please remember that other visitors do not know your dog and may become alarmed at an overly-friendly animal.
- Keep dog waste off of trails.
- Dogs may swim in ponds and streams, humans may not.
During your visit to The Brenton Arboretum, please:
- Take all trash with you when you leave.
- Show respect for other visitors.
- Keep rowdy dogs on a leash. Even if your dog is friendly, if it cannot be controlled by voice command it should be on a leash.
- Photographers using the Arboretum grounds for paid portrait work must have a Photographer Membership.
- Supervise your children.
- When parking along the gravel road please park with two wheels on the grass and two wheels on the gravel.
- Do not drive any vehicles on the pedestrian paths.
- All weddings of any size (including elopements) should be coordinated through our rental department.
- Swimming (except for dogs and Buz Brenton)
- Horseback riding